Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Getaways

I've realized just how much weekend gataways are needed. Whether alone or with a friend, it is good to get away from it all. I have felt stressed, overwhelmed, and so busy that I take no time for myself lately... leaving me.... stressed, overwhelmed and feeling I could have a break down at any moment. I keep telling myself to say no to things, but then find myself saying "Oh I can do this one thing, it won't be so bad." In the end when I end up doing that EVERY DAY I realize I had no "me time" let alone "God time." This IS something I really really need to work on but have no idea where to begin or how to do it. I've made quite a few commitments now in my week, and am not sure how to change it, or which are important and should not be gotten rid of. They are all equally needed in their own way in my book... Either way, I'll have to figure that out, but today I wanted to take the time and blog about my thankfulness for quick getaways, relaxation, not worrying about time whatsoever, and SUN! I have, already since returning, started to feel down and "stressed" out about the weeks and months to come. As we drove across I90 into the cloud that was  looming over Seattle this evening, leaving the sun behind, I couldn't help but feel my own cloud of worry about my upcoming week and all the "busyness" it will bring. I don't really like this feeling; If only I could keep all my cares, worries, and complaints on the other side of the water. Learning how to do this, and just live life while being thankful for ALL things is my current struggle.


Here's a quick picture story of my good weekend of fun filled, do what you want, when you want activites.


Off to Eastern Washington we go, where the deserts dry and the sun is HOT!





Potholes State Park: Funny name, but a beautiful place.





                      Can't go wrong with 3 meals within 5 hours, the deals where just too good to pass!





Not only were we able to go to a free Bluegrass concert but we also were able to see the real show of the storm that just missed us.... by only a few blocks. The tail end barely hit us where we were. I LOVE storms!



Other things of the weekend that I am thankful for:


Pretty night drives over the water(picture does not really capture this moment)

The hot sun(may or may not have been this hot)


                                                 Water park(aka glorified pool)




Wildlife refuge(Super pretty...along with the biggest tatpoles I've ever seen)


And lastly.... Must.Have.Yogurt.



Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

1 comment:

  1. Getting life's priorities in order in your life can be a big challenge, especially when much of it seems very important.

    One thing that has helped me is to spend time alone with God and ask Him what is on HIS priority list for me. Put His directives on your list/schedule and leave all the other good things off your calendar, without the guilt. You can't do it all.

    When Jesus lived on earth He did not heal every sick person, did not raise all the dead. He knew what His Father's will and stayed focused on His Father's will (which included some of that) and accomplished every thing His Father sent Him to do.

    Choose what you know God wants you to do and do it well. The rest God will take care of in His own way.

    ReplyDelete