Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I will wait.....




Cold breath exits my lungs, drifting out into the brisk mountain air. I feel as though I could scream so loudly, that this mountain would tremble. At 10,000 feet above sea level I look out into the vast that is nothing, but pure beauty. The sun shines down upon the high peaks, glistening off the snow that blankets this mountain. I close my eyes but for a moment, and although you may think it crazy, I imagine this landscape burning to the ground, burning to the ground and catching fire to everything around it. DISASTER, disaster to this something beautiful...Where did the beauty of only moments before go?
 
I take a moment and reflect back on my life and think... How can something once so beautiful come to an end? Why do good things have to end? Why does a God, who made this beautiful world, give, if only just to take away? What is it's purpose?
 
My mind then flashes quickly back, only to find a new life that has emerged from the once charred ground. "Spring" has come.  Of course this new creation doesn't happen over night. This ground first, must be nurtured, and allow a healing in it's own time.
 
Maybe this is it's purpose?....To wait, and to grow, to "grow" in the waiting, soon to have a new life more abundant than ever before.
 
And I think, "Can this really ever be?"
 
 
 
For this new life I wait.
 
 
So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.  1 Corinthians 3:7
 
Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don’t quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.   Romans 12:12
 
Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!
Psalm 27:14
 






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing so authentically! I believe in you and I will wait with you.

    ReplyDelete