Saturday, June 2, 2012

About six months ago my life... changed. Over the past few months I have been continually encouraged by many in my life. I am SO very greatful for them. From long time friends, to councelors, to people that I have never even personally met. Encouragement has flowed from them, from their hearts into mine. I've decided it's time to change my "heart" and think upon the good in my life and ALL that God has given me whether small or large. In ALL things give thanks.  Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. Thessalonians 5:18
I have found my heart to be "hardend" lately over many areas in my life and I have forgotten what it's like to be GREATFUL.This blog is for me to share my heart with God, myself, and others, and to daily thank the one who has created each and every day, and every situation that comes our way. My goal is to take one picture a day(since photography is a hobbie) and be thankful for that one thing. No matter how tiny it may be. 10,000 Reasons for my heart to find.... LIFE. LOVE.

10 things that TODAY my heart is thankful for:

1. Music- It is inspiring, and heart changing. Songs that have changed my life.
       * 10,000 Reason- Matthew West(My reason behind this blog.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jYLTn4fKYQ
       * Overcome- Jeremy Camp(a reminder that WE. CAN. OVERCOME.)
       * Beautiful Things- Gungor(because ALL good things are beautiful, or can be
          made beautiful in the hands of God.)
       *Stronger- Kelly Clarkson(What doesn't kill you... makes you stronger.)
       *The Hurt and The Healer- Mercy Me(Healing doesn't come from the explained.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeNSlQWdgec&feature=related
       * Our God is Greater- Shane and Shane
2. My bosses wife- I don't see her often, but everytime I do she speaks deeply into my heart and makes me see the good in life. She is a blessing to me, and is one reason for my heart change as of this past week. Talk about good coming out of bad.. I am so thankful for her reminder that everything is from God and is put into our lives for a purpose.
3. COFFEE! And someday I will own a coffee shop.(excited for beautiful creations I will be able to share with others while helping out in their lives, waking them up so that they can experience life to it's fullest!)  ;)

4. My new car, because I love it! It is a blessing from God that I have waited for, for a year.

5. SLEEP! Because I NEED it.
6. My close friends( I have SO many to be thankful for today. God is good, friendship is a GIFT from God)
7. The pains in life, because it brings healing, restoration, and is a reminder that God can help us overcome these times.
8. My friend Tyler. It's awesome, and such a blessing having a friend who can encourage/pray for you from afar off(even though never having met) He is also another inspiration in my change of heart as of recent. God brings friends like these at the perfect time. He is a wise man :) LOL
9. Seattle weather, because even though at times it can be nasty there is always something beautiful to come.


10. My job, because even though it is SO not what I want to do with my life, I need to remember that I have a job, and because I have a job I have a place to live, food to eat, a fun car, things to enjoy life with, and the ability to bless those around me.


Each day is a gift from God and that is the purpose of this blog. I hope you tune in and are blessed in this journey through life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bec. Mom here. What a wonderful way to start a blog. I too, in the happenings as of late need to remember that I have so much to be thankful for. We forget sometimes that what we have, or don't have is because God knows all about it and has a plan for us, in this moment, in the tomorrow and for eternity.
    Love you much. Praying God's blessings on our beautiful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunset photo!

    ReplyDelete