Sunday, June 3, 2012

The good ole days

I will admit now that I did not take any of these pictures today. While looking through some older photos I decided it would be fun to post these, as they portray some of that which I am thankful today.

This morning I woke up feeling a bit down, nothing new for me really. This will take time I'm sure, and I must be patient! :) So while I was praying about my day and my attitude, while I was tired, hungry and grumpy I headed off in search of coffee before church. While I set out for coffee I realized I would probably be late for church, and because of that I would probably have to sit in the chapel(not my favorite place to sit)... but I needed coffee. The grumpiness seemed to get worse as the morning went on until 3 others caught my attention(or should I say God caught my attention) First it was the lady walking to the bus stop who was clearly blind, then it was the man hunched over, crippled, getting into his wheel chair, then again another as he also had a limp of some sort. I immediately felt sorry for them and tried to imagine life in their shoes. I have never been blind(although my eyes are always blurry) nor have I ever been crippled or unable to do things(other than my years of shoulder pain.)

 I have that much to be thankful for today.... my sight, and my ability to do every days tasks without a limp, needing a crutch or the use of a wheel chair. Because of this I am able to do many things; drive, hike, play sports, ride a bike, read a book etc etc. Definitely some of the things I take for granted daily in life.









2 comments:

  1. Great shots, all around Super Women! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I am thankful that God has given us a healthy gal to be able to do all these things and a healthy heart of thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete