Thursday, June 7, 2012

Everybody gets hungry

Today I am reminded of how much I love food. To be honest, lately I really have not been hungry.... ever, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to eat tasty foods, and having some seriously bad for me cravings. The past two days driving home from work and gym I have discovered the new, giant, shiny red billboards that are trying to call out my name.  Big Mac, Fries, McDonald's..... So gross, and so bad for you, yet the pictures are so enticing. It is good they do not smell as well! I have not had fast food in about 8 months or so. Hopefully I won't start now and give in to the craving. I enjoy cooking quite a bit, although lately have been a bit too "lazy" for that. I am very grateful for the opportunity that we have living here in America and for the most part are able to eat to our hearts content, and eat really whatever it is we may be dying for at the moment. There are so many options it is crazy! Too many options maybe. It is hard to believe that we can be here in this country "fat and sassy" while those in other countries barely have food to survive. Hopefully we will not take for granted that which is so easy for us to access. I begin by thanking God for the food he has allowed me to have each and every day, whether I am hungry or not.






"And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food."
Genesis 1:29 ESV


Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" 
Matthew 4:4 NIV








No comments:

Post a Comment